Is 2023 the year to make new year's resolutions that stick? Whether you want to spend more time in nature, go camping regularly, work on your physical or mental health, we've got some realistic suggestions to get you started.
The start of a new year is often accompanied by the urge to make changes for a better tomorrow. This year, why not set yourself some resolutions that make your relationship with nature a priority? Whether you’re in the city or the countryside, there are simple ways to be more mindful of our environment and get closer to nature. From reducing your plastic use to volunteering with local conservation projects, here are some New Year’s resolutions that will bring you closer to nature and help protect it for generations to come.
It's that time of year again! New Year's resolutions are a great way to set goals and reflect on the past year. But how can you make sure your resolutions are successful?
Here are some tips for getting the most out of your New Year's resolutions:
1. Set realistic goals. It's important to set goals that you can actually achieve. If your goal is too big or unrealistic, you're likely to get discouraged and give up.
2. Make a plan. Once you've set your goals, it's time to make a plan of action. What steps do you need to take to achieve your goals? Write down your plan and refer to it often.
3. Get support. Tell your friends and family about your resolutions and ask for their support. Having people in your corner will help you stay motivated and on track.
4. Be flexible. Things change, and that's okay! If you need to adjust your goals or plan, don't be afraid to do so. The important thing is that you're moving forward towards your objectives.
5. Persevere. Even if you hit a setback, don't give up on your resolutions! Just keep moving forward, one step at a time.
By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to achieving success with your New Year's resolutions!
1. Get outside every day: Make a resolution to spend at least 30 minutes outdoors every day. Not only will this help you get some much-needed vitamin D, but it will also help you clear your head and relax.
2. Go on a nature hike: Take some time to explore the great outdoors by going on a nature hike. This is a great way to get some exercise while also enjoying the beauty of nature.
3. Have a picnic: As the weather gets warmer, make a resolution to have at least one picnic per month. This is a great way to enjoy the outdoors with friends or family while also getting some fresh air and sunshine.
4. Plant a garden: Get your hands dirty and plant a garden this year. This can be as simple as planting some flowers in pots or starting a vegetable garden. Not only will you get to enjoy fresh produce, but you'll also get to watch your plants grow throughout the year.
5. Go camping: Camping is a great way to unplug from technology and really connect with nature. Make it a goal to go camping at least once this year, and you're sure to have an enjoyable experience. If you want to do less planning and more relaxing, try glamping instead!
1. Make time for a weekly hike or nature walk. Explore different trails near you and find one that’s perfect for you.
2. Take up a new outdoor activity! Whether it’s biking, paddle boarding, kayaking, or something else entirely, getting active in nature is a great way to stay fit and have fun.
3. Connect with nature through your senses – go barefoot in the grass, listen to the birds, smell the flowers. Slow down and appreciate the world around you.
4. Plan a camping trip or visit to a national park – there’s nothing like spending time in nature to reset your mind and body. Browse small-scale, private oases to set up camp, go glamping or have a cosy cabin stay below.
It’s a new year, which means it’s time for new resolutions! If you’re looking to improve your mental health in 2020, here are some resolutions to get you started:
1. Spend more time outdoors.
Make a goal to spend at least 30 minutes every day outside in nature. Studies have shown that time spent in nature can help reduce stress and anxiety, improve mood, and increase feelings of well-being.
2. Connect with loved ones.
We all know that social support is important for our mental health. Make an effort to connect with loved ones on a regular basis, whether it’s through face-to-face conversation, phone calls, text messages, or social media. Just taking a few minutes out of your day to connect with someone can make a big difference.
3. Be mindful of your thoughts and emotions.
Start paying attention to your inner dialogue and see if you can catch yourself when you’re thinking negative thoughts about yourself. Once you become aware of these thoughts, try to reframe them in a more positive light. Additionally, notice how your emotions tend to fluctuate throughout the day and week—what makes you feel good? What makes you feel bad? By being mindful of your thoughts and emotions, you can start to take control of them instead of letting them control you.
4. Make time for self-care.
Self-care comes in many shapes and sizes. It could be making more time for your loved ones, or yourself. It could also be committing to taking more breaks and engaging in meditation or non-sleep deep rest. Whatever your style, slowing down and appreciating the simpler things in life are never bad things!
As we start a new year, it’s time to think about how we can live more sustainably and in harmony with nature. Here are some resolutions to help you travel sustainably in 2023:
1. Choose sustainable transportation options whenever possible. This includes walking, biking, taking public transit, or carpooling.
3. Support local businesses and economies when you travel. Campspace is a great way to meet truly local people with boundless knowledge of the area.
4. Reduce your waste while travelling by packing light and avoiding single-use plastics whenever possible.
5. Be respectful of the places you visit and leave them as you found them – or even better!
Up to 95% CO2 reduction if you book a campspace adventure. Learn more