Country farm for camping (River Meadow)
About this campspace #s001967
1) Totally secluded and quiet spot located in the South Downs national park. We do require a minimum booking of 16 adults for two nights on weekends to book this site out exclusively to your group.
2) I have 3 campsites. One is located in a meadow next to the river Rother (campsite 1) and the other campsite is located in the Bluebell woods (campsite 2)plus we have (campsite 3) in a large grass field overlooking the farm
3) No traffic (human or otherwise) nearby
4) Some good exploring and tree climbing for kids
5) Wild Camping at its best
6) Disused railway line right next to the camping spot where you can walk/cycle through beautiful countryside
7) Located next to a pub which serves fantastic ales. You must try the locals favourite ale called Betty Stoggs, - very nice indeed.
(22 min walk, 10 min cycle ride)
8)Great location to go exploring around West Sussex. (Midhurst, Petworth, Arundel, Goodwood, coastal towns, etc.)
£14 per night per adult
£7 per night per child
Each booking will have exclusive use of the site, there won't be any other campers in your area in campsite 1 and 2. Campsite 3 may be shared with other campers if we have any staying.
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- Pets allowed
- Campfire possible
- Picnic table
- Gas (stove) / BBW
- RV Sanitation
- RV Hookup
- Hot water
- Hot Tub / Sauna
Things to do in the area
- One of the best spots to gaze at the stars on a clear night
- superb pubs within a 5 mile radius
Host contact great. 5 stars for my requirements. To get away from people. Light a fire and enjoy being in the elements of nature. Very, very basic facilities but that suited our group just fine. Next time we are booking the gorgeous looking woodland sites. Hoping to go again in a few weeks. That's how much we loved it. ☺️
The host was excellent. The location was different to what we were expecting, it was still good. Tips for future guests: it’s clear on the listing the water tap is far away, so make sure you bring lots of water containers. Also keep waste to a minimum, as there’s a fee if you leave more than 3 rubbish bags. Also, it’s very handy, as Charlie sells essentials like wood and ice. Saved us having to drive to a shop!
No Generators Allowed,
Checking in and out
To be agreed
Check-out between: To be agreed
Country farm camping
Arrival allowed on:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Departure allowed on: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Pitch types and availability
Book your sustainable getaway
Up to 95% CO2 reduction if you book a campspace adventure.