Our yurt has been handcrafted in Mongolia in the traditional way, with natural materials like horsehair strings and sheep wool insulation. It's installed on a raised wooden platform covered with carpets, which insulates the floor and provides great comfort.
The yurt is decorated in a simple and charming way, with oriental lamps and bedside tables and a chillout area with puffs and a small table. It has one comfortable double bed and a single additional bed, several sockets with electricity coming from our solar system and wireless internet access.
The central window located on the roof of the yurt, allows the fresh air to circulate and offers the unique experience of watching the stars from your bed.
It has a lot of charm that couples will enjoy for sure as well as families with children or small groups of friends who want to spend a few days of tranquility in a natural environment.
In the outside area in front of the yurt there's an outdoor child area for private use, surrounded by trees and bamboo with hammocks to take in the sun or for reading, shaded areas for an afternoon siesta and a table for breakfast or dinner at candlelight.
Among the yurts described, in the 5000m2 gardens surrounding the yurts, there are as well common areas: Parking for cars and bicycles for rent (order in advance), to get around in an environmentally and friendly way; playground for the kids; 2 bathrooms equipped with washing machine, hot water and the possibility to take your shower surrounded by our acebuches (local wild olives trees); a large community kitchen fully equipped to cook; barbecue; porch with couches for cocktails, to eat, enjoy the sunset or playing a board game; rest areas, etc.
We offer the chance to relax and recharge your batteries. To wake up with the songs of the birds and walk out from your yurt looking at the Natural Park of La Breña. Silence, pure air
We offer the possibility to enjoy a wonderful environment where you can practice hiking, cycling, horseback riding, surfing, experience whale watching, ornithological routes, etc. These activities can be hired through the Veleta during your stays and we can facilitate maps and detailed dossiers with some complete tourist and cultural information of the area.
As a vital project, we want La Veleta to be consistent with our principles. We believe in sustainable human development, minimizing our environmental impact. We also believe in self-sufficiency.
We followed these same principles in building all the infrastructure of La Veleta, using natural materials and minimal impact techniques (both yurts and common areas); all the energy we consume comes from our autonomous photovoltaic installation; We treat wastewater with septic ecological tanks and natural filters and we recyclye organic waste for our fields and garden;
Host is verified by Campspace
Acceptance rate: 56%
Response time: slowly
REOPENING EASTER 2023.
La Veleta. A place of calm, birdsong and beauty. 5km, a short bike ride, set back from the roaming, wild beaches of the Costa de la Luz and the lively villages of Zahora, Los Caños de meca and El Palmar de Vejer. Surfing, mountain biking, walking, horse riding or just relaxing, La Veleta has something for you. You don’t have to believe me, come find out for yourself.
We can’t wait to meet you,
Callum and Marina
Surfing on the beautiful beaches of Conil, El Palmar, Zahora, Caños de Meca or the Faro de Trafalgar
Visit Vejer de la Frontera, one of the most unique white villages of Cadiz
There are markets and wonderful shops and food in the area
Plenty of great bars and restaurants a short bike ride or drive away
Beach or seaside
Wine or beer tasting
Food products from locals in the region
Organic cleaning products
Guests who cancel at least 14 days before check-in will receive a refund of the amount paid by them (excluding Campspace fees). If they cancel between 7 and 14 days before check-in, they will receive a 50% refund. Otherwise they will not be refunded.
We're a selfsuistainable project. So we have some rules to be respected by guests:
- The common spaces (kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) are for the enjoyment of all guests. Please Keep them clean and tidy.
- La Veleta is a place to rest and disconnect we ask to respect the rest of the other guests
- Pets are allowed in the property. Smoking in indoor spaces are also not allowed.
- At certain times of year there is high risk of fire in the area so for the use of barbecue, candles, etc. we must be consulted in advance
- In La Veleta we are committed to self-reliance and sustainability. The well water is (non-potable) and our electricity comes from solar photovoltaic installation. So there are limited resources that we must all take care of. We ask our visitors a conscious consumption of these resources. Therefore the use of hair dryers, irons, toasters or other equipment that have high power consumption is not allowed.
- We reuse the gray water from bathrooms and kitchen so it is mandatory to use shampoos, soap, dishwasher and green cleaning products. If our guests do not have them we can sell them.
- The treatment of sewage in the bathroom is done in an eco pit so we ask you not to throw toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, etc. in the toilet.
- Our Internet connection is via satellite and has a limited capacity. Therefore, the web browsing, e-mail consultation, etc. can be done without problems but downloading movies, online video, streaming or other memory-intensive utilities are not allowed
- The minimum stay in high season is 3 nights. For shorter stays the extra cost of short stays apply
Pets allowed: yes
11:00 am–7:00 pm
Check-out between: 8:00 am–10:00 am
Up to 95% CO2 reduction if you book a campspace adventure. Learn more