The Dome house at Ballan
About this campspace #s003291
The dome house is situated on five acres of land at Ballan. It is at the back of Ballan train station making it easy for those coming by train to reach here.
The house has six bathrooms making it easy for people to have use of conveniences, showers etc. Cooking facilities are available for those who really need them. There are two hotels and a few cafes in walking distance in the town, and McDonalds and KFC on the highway, accessible by car.
I have wifi available. It may not reach all sites, however it is available near the house itself.
Some of the facilities available:
- I am setting up tea and coffee facilities on the ground floor of the dome where there is a room that you will be able to use with your laptops and MacPros for internet. This area has a mains gas heater and is nice and warm during winter.
- There are two bathrooms available during most of the day on the ground floor. There is also a 24 hour bathroom available in the large shed, which also has its kitchen and living area available all the time to those need it.
- The rooms on the top two floors of the dome house are basically my living areas. However, from time to time I will be happy to have people visit there for tea and coffee as well, or perhaps even a glass of wine.
- Trains to Melbourne
- The Dome is really well situated if you want to be close to Melbourne but not in it. There are trains nearly every hour from Ballan to (20 a day, including 1 bus service in the late afternoon) and from Melbourne (21 a day) as we are on the Ballarat line and every train headed to or from Ballarat stops here. The station is only five minutes walk from your site. So commuting to Melbourne as well as Ballarat, Beaufort, Ararat and the towns to Maryborough is easy to do from here.
- Tours of the three storey dome house can be arranged for $10 per person.
- This is a lovely spot to camp in summer and autumn. As Ballan is in the ranges it is cold in winter and thus be prepared.
- Electricity is generated from solar and wind and thus is limited but can be supplied if you need it.
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- Pets allowed
- Campfire possible
- Picnic table
- Gas (stove) / BBW
- RV Sanitation
- RV Hookup
- Hot water
- Hot Tub / Sauna
- Common courtesy is expected. Alcohol is permitted in moderation. No drugs are allowed. Please keep smoking limited and always take all your butts to the bin or away with you. No smoking is allowed in the dome house. While I have never been a smoker I understand that the companies put addictive chemicals in to keep you hooked, thus making it difficult for smokers to give up.
- I am putting labyrinths in around the land and request that you walk these on the paths and not walk on the grass and tree walls that are being grown to deliniate the paths.
I am sure there will be other rules as things develop.
Checking in and out
To be agreed
Check-out between: To be agreed
Campspace pitch 1
Arrival allowed on:
Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Departure allowed on: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Pitch types and availability
Book your sustainable getaway
Up to 95% CO2 reduction if you book a campspace adventure.