Mongolian yurt in our large gardens at 4km of wonderful beaches
About this campspace #s000194
Our yurt has been handcrafted in Mongolia in the traditional way, with natural materials like horsehair strings and sheep wool insulation. It's installed on a raised wooden platform covered with carpets, which insulates the floor and provides great comfort.
The yurt is decorated in a simple and charming way, with oriental lamps and bedside tables and a chillout area with puffs and a small table. It has one comfortable double bed and a two single additional beds, several sockets with electricity coming from our solar system and wireless internet access.
The central window located on the roof of the yurt, allows the fresh air to circulate and offers the unique experience of watching the stars from your bed.
It has a lot of charm that couples will enjoy for sure as well as families with children or small groups of friends who want to spend a few days of tranquility in a natural environment.
In the outside area in front of the yurt there's an outdoor child area for private use, surrounded by trees and bamboo with hammocks to take in the sun or for reading, shaded areas for an afternoon siesta and a table for breakfast or dinner at candlelight.
Among the yurts described in the 5000m2 gardens surrounding the yurts, there are as well common areas: parking for cars and bicycles for rent (order in advance) to get around in an environmentally and friendly way; playground for the kids; 2 bathrooms equipped with washing machine, hot water and the possibility to take your shower surrounded by our acebuches (local wild olives trees); a large community kitchen fully equipped to cook; barbecue; porch with couches for cocktails, to eat, enjoy the sunset or playing a board game; rest areas, etc.
We offer the chance to relax and recharge your batteries. To wake up with the songs of the birds and walk out from your yurt looking at the Natural Park of La Breña. Silence, pure air
We offer the possibility to enjoy a wonderful environment where you can practice hiking, cycling, horseback riding, surfing, experience whale watching, ornithological routes, etc. These activities can be hired through the Veleta during your stays and we can facilitate maps and detailed dossiers with some complete tourist and cultural information of the area.
As a vital project, we want La Veleta to be consistent with our principles. We believe in sustainable human development, minimizing our environmental impact. We also believe in self-sufficiency.
And we followed these same principles in building all the infrastructure of La Veleta, using natural materials and minimal impact techniques (both yurts and common areas); all the energy we consume comes from our autonomous photovoltaic installation; We treat wastewater with septic ecological tanks and natural filters and we recyclye organic waste for our fields and garden;
- Glamping (e.g.: Yurt, Safari tent, Bubble tent)
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- Pets allowed
- Campfire possible
- Picnic table
- Gas (stove) / BBW
- RV Sanitation
- RV Hookup
- Hot water
Things to do in the area
- Wildlife watching
- Horseback riding
- Canoeing / Kayaking
- The beautiful beaches of Conil, El Palmar, Zahora, Caños de Meca or the Faro de Trafalgar
- Visit Vejer de la Frontera, one of the most unique white villages of Cadiz
Meet Helena, your host
The search for a more simple and conscious life, in close contact with nature and continuous learning brought us to this corner of the Costa de la Luz.
I, Helena along with my two sons Nau,8 and Sue,15 will be managing La Veleta after 5 years of giving my yoga retreats here. We are very excited to help make your vacation relaxing and enjoyable.
Today we continue to celebrate and we look forward to sharing this journey with all the people who come to the Veleta, an open, dynamic and in constant evolution place.
¿Why La Veleta?
The Veleta is volatile and firm at the same time. New air flows and notes a favorable way without stopping spinning on its axis. A combination of strength and ductility. Thats the reason why we called it la Veleta.
We chose it as a symbol of a vital attitude, the one of openness to new experience, the commitment and the consistency with who we are and who we want to be.
We're a selfsuistainable project. So we have some rules to be respected by guests:
- The common spaces (kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) are for the enjoyment of all guests. Please Keep them clean and tidy.
- La Veleta is a place to rest and disconnect we ask to respect the rest of the other guests
- Pets are allowed in the property. Smoking in indoor spaces are also not allowed.
- At certain times of year there is a high risk of fire in the area so for the use of barbecue, candles, etc. we must be consulted in advance.
- In La Veleta we are committed to self-reliance and sustainability. The well water is (non-potable) and our electricity comes from solar photovoltaic installation. So there are limited resources that we must all take care of. We ask our visitors for a conscious consumption of these resources. Therefore the use of hair dryers, irons, toasters or other equipment that have high power consumption is not allowed.
- We reuse the gray water from bathrooms and kitchen so it is mandatory to use shampoos, soap, dishwasher and green cleaning products. If our guests do not have them we can sell them.
- The treatment of sewage in the bathroom is done in an eco system, so we ask you do not throw toilet paper, paper towels, napkins, etc. into the toilet.
- Our Internet connection is via satellite and has a limited capacity. Therefore, the web browsing, e-mail consultation, etc. can be done without problems but downloading movies, online video, streaming or other memory-intensive utilities are not allowed
- The minimum stay in high season is 3 nights. For shorter stays the extra cost of short stays apply
Checking in and out
To be agreed
Check-out until: To be agreed