Springfield Farm in the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park
About this micro camping
Springfield Farm is an 87 acre family farm, situated in the picturesque hamlet of Walton West. We are the fourth generation of our family to farm here, in a traditional mixed farming system. Alongside this, we also run a small market garden and sell produce direct from our farm gate stall, with honesty box.
We are located just 10 minutes walk from the beaches and coastal path at Broad Haven and Little Haven, in the heart of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
Our aim is to offer a traditional farm camping stay, for those who love the outdoors and long to simply 'Pitch up' in a field away from crowded campsites. This is back to basics camping, but we feel all the better for it.
The farm itself is a wildlife haven, with large hedges and wide, wild field margins edged by a stream that borders 2 sides of the farm.
Pitches can be chosen on arrival, and you have the option of camping anywhere on the farm which is accessible. You will have the choice of a sheltered corner of a field through to panoramic sea views. We will always maintain a few pitches which will be easily accessible, but should you wish to truly 'wild camp' you are welcome to select a spot which appeals to you, as long as no livestock is in the field.
We can provide a map showing areas that are available to camp, and you are welcome to explore the farm on foot before deciding where you would like to pitch.
• A tap is available in one of the fields for washing and drinking water. Please be prepared to carry your water if you choose a remote location to camp.
• We currently allow you to dig your own camp toilet near your pitch. We have a camp (bucket) toilet and tent that you may borrow if you wish.
On our doorstep:
• For walkers - Easy access to the Pembrokeshire coastal path
• Watersport activites - Surf board, kayak, paddle board and wet suit hire in Broad Haven
• For nature lovers and birdwatchers there are a variety of habitats on the farm - nesting birds, birds of prey including Barn & Tawney owls and bats which can be seen hunting at dusk and dawn, a diverse range of insect life, wild flowers and plants amongst our ancient hedgerows.
• Short distance to boat trips for the islands of Skomer, Skokholm,Grassholm & Ramsey where nesting sea birds can be observed such as Puffin, Manx Shearwater, Guillimot, Razorbill and Storm Petrel.
What else we offer:
• Farm gate stall selling seasonal vegetables, free range eggs and honey subject to availability.
• Veg boxes/eggs available to order on arrival
• Fresh lobster and crab available to order, cooked or live, through our neighbours Lobster and Môr
- Bring your own tent
- Bring your own caravan
- Bring your own motorhome
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- RV Sanitation
- Pets allowed
- RV Hookup
- Picnic table
- Fire/Ring Grill
- Hot water
- Campfire possible
- Gas (stove)
- Extra toilet paper :-)
Things to do in the area
- Wind sports
- Wildlife watching
- Horseback riding
- Canoeing / Kayaking
Meet Maxine, your host
• Dogs must be kept on leads and under control at all times when walking around the farm. You may not enter fields containing livestock with a dog. Pitches may be limited to areas away from livestock.
• We have our own dog (Boatswain, a large Welsh Collie), he is very friendly and loves meeting new people. If you have a dog that does not like other dogs, then this is perhaps not the campsite for you.
• There is a limit of 1 dog per booking/pitch.
How to reach this micro camping
• Vehicles will be allowed on to fields if weather permits and if the pitch chosen is accessible. Parking is available in the farm yard.
Checking in and out
Anytime, call for availability.