Sustainable Farm in the rolling hills of Milam, Cty, Texas
About this campspace #s003313
Sand Creek Farm is an operational Sustainable Farm that welcomes you to come and primitive camp.
Pay for a tour or private farming/aquaponic consultation, set up for a group or just relax and watch the wildlife.
On the farm there is wild foraging, wild hogs, coyotes, rabbits, sometimes deer and much more to observe. The front of the farm is usually busy with some kind of activity, the back of the farm so quiet you wonder if there are people for miles.
The farm is surrounded by 2500 of open land, another 900+ across the street and about a mile and a half from any blacktop road.
It is very quiet and remote. We are 5 miles from the Brazos River, you can bring a canoe, kayak or tubes and float along or fish.
If you have a dirt bike there are dirt roads for miles around the farm, take off and explore a beautiful part of Texas.
Old Time Calvert, TX is about 12 miles from the farm, shop, eat, enjoy.
Cameron, TX is about 15 miles the other way and is the County Seat for Milam Cty, TX with one of the most beautiful courthouses around.
There are several little places to eat, check out the old downtown pie and coffee shop just down from Cameron Seed - talk about an old time do it all shop.
We have marked some places of interest on Foursquare so check out what you can do within 30 min of the farm.
- Other (bv: Treehouse, lodge)
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- RV Sanitation
- Pets allowed
- RV Hookup
- Picnic table
- Fire/Ring Grill
- Hot water
- Campfire possible
- Gas (stove)
- Extra toilet paper :-)
- Send an email to let us know when to expect you.
- Call when you arrive and sign your liability release.
- Set up anywhere you like on the farm - as long as you find a gate, you are still on our farm, just keep going until you find the perfect spot - see the map of the farm to get your bearings.
- Close any gates you open, leave open any gates you find open, don't feed the animals, pick up and take all of your trash with you when you leave, securely put out all fires - you are welcome to deadfall for wood.
- Use the outhouses at your own risk, sometimes wasp make their homes in there.
- All wild and domesticated animals can bite, kick and/or paw - use caution and good judgement, watch your own children.