About this campspace #s002256
Springfield Farm is an 87 acre family farm, situated in the picturesque hamlet of Walton West. We are the fourth generation of our family to farm here, in a traditional mixed farming system. Alongside this, we also run a small market garden and sell produce direct from our farm gate stall, with honesty box.
We are located just 10 minutes walk from the beaches and coastal path at Broad Haven and Little Haven, in the heart of the Pembrokeshire Coast National Park.
Our aim is to offer a traditional farm camping stay, for those who love the outdoors and long to simply 'Pitch up' in a field away from crowded campsites. This is back to basics camping, but we feel all the better for it.
The farm itself is a wildlife haven, with large hedges and wide, wild field margins edged by a stream that borders 2 sides of the farm.
Pitches can be chosen on arrival, and you have the option of camping anywhere on the farm which is accessible. You will have the choice of a sheltered corner of a field through to panoramic sea views. We will always maintain a few pitches which will be easily accessible, but should you wish to truly 'wild camp' you are welcome to select a spot which appeals to you, as long as no livestock is in the field.
- 2 taps are available in one of the fields for washing and drinking water. Please be prepared to carry your water if you choose a remote location to camp.
- We have 2 off-grid compost toilets for our campers, there is a tap close by.
On our doorstep:
- For walkers - Easy access to the Pembrokeshire coastal path
- Watersport activites - Surf board, kayak, paddle board and wet suit hire in Broad Haven
- Short distance to boat trips for the islands of Skomer, Skokholm,Grassholm & Ramsey where nesting sea birds can be observed such as Puffin, Manx Shearwater, Guillimot, Razorbill and Storm Petrel.
What else we offer:
- Farm gate stall selling seasonal vegetables, free range eggs and honey subject to availability.
- Veg boxes/eggs available to order on arrival in the summer and autumn.
- Fresh lobster and crab available to order, cooked or live, through our neighbours Lobster and Môr.
Bee Keeping Experience:
If you have an interest in finding out more about keeping bees and would like to visit a hive to see how it is done and meet the bees, we can offer an informal introduction to bee keeping during your stay.
This can be individually or in a small group. All equipment is provided, including bee keeping suits and gloves. You will be given the opportunity to look inside a hive, hold a frame of bees and if you can, find the queen! You will be shown how the hive functions, introduced to the bees and given an opportunity to ask any questions you may have.
The experience will take approximately 1-2 hours, but is flexible depending on the size of the group and the number of questions. Ask about prices when you book or during your stay.
- Drinking water
- Pets allowed
- Campfire possible
- Hot shower
- Shower (cold water)
- Picnic table
- Phone charge
- Gas (stove)
- RV Sanitation
- RV Hookup
- Hot water
- Hot tub
- Heater in accommodation
- Covered kitchen
Things to do in the area
- Our farm gate stall sells freshly picked vegetables, free range eggs and honey. All from Springfield Farm!
- Find the best fresh lobster and crab at Lobster and Môr in Little Haven
- Wind sports
- Wildlife watching
- Horseback riding
- Canoeing / Kayaking
- Waste separation
- Self-grown food
- Food products from locals in the region
- Water-saving measures
Your host, Maxine
5.00 (3 reviews)
Host is verified by Campspace
Farmer and market gardener at Springfield Farm
Tell us about your experience
Maxine and James are the most welcoming and friendly people you could meet. The site and location are amazing with sea views, fields to explore and several short walking routes down to Little haven village and beach. We had the best few days and think our dog enjoyed it even more than us!
We will be back!
Tell us about your experience
What a charming environment! Maxine is a dream - so welcoming and it instantly feels like home - overlooking the coast, islands and peninsula! We had fresh produce from the farm gardens and visited the chicken. Plus we made friends with farm boss-dog Boatswain - at breakfast! The walk into the village is simple & the coastal path with its spectacular swims beckons! We will be back - just lovely.
How was the contact with the host?
Contact with Maxine was great - she was so flexible with our timings & visited to say hi - very welcoming...
Tips for new guests?
Grab your eggs and fresh goodies from the farm stall at the gate, light a fire, wonder at the sunsets, and swim wherever you can. We walked from Little Haven to Marloes - 16km around 4 hours along the cliffs and beach with several swim stops. Investigate Maxine's farm - meet the chicks - it's just wonderful!
Host Maxine has responded
Thank you so much for your lovely review, it means a lot to us to get such good feedback & makes it all worthwhile!
Also thank you even more for the beautiful dog book. It’s a beautiful piece of work!
Really hope to see you again sometime
All the best to you both
Maxine, James & Boatswain!
X x x
Tell us about your experience
The communication with our hosts was fantastic! We had a fantastic experience with Maxim and James! The views were incredible and their personable approach and warmth was just lush! Tip: Lovely coastal walks and cute village near by!
- Dogs must be kept on leads and under control at all times when walking around the farm. You may not enter fields containing livestock with a dog. Pitches may be limited to areas away from livestock.
- We have our own dog (Boatswain, a large Welsh Collie), he is very friendly and loves meeting new people. If you have a dog that does not like other dogs, then this is perhaps not the campsite for you.
- There is a limit of 1 dog per booking/pitch, for which there is an additional charge of £2 per night which can be paid on arrival.
Guests who cancel at least 30 days before check-in date will receive a refund of the amount paid by them (excl. Campspace fees). If they cancel between 14 and 30 days before check-in, they will receive a 50% refund. Otherwise they will not be refunded.
Checking in and out
To be agreed
Check-out between: To be agreed
Arrival allowed on:
Monday to Sunday
Departure allowed on: Monday to Sunday
Book your sustainable getaway
Up to 95% CO2 reduction if you book a campspace adventure.