Snug Harbor Retreat
About this campspace #s002031
You can pitch your tent in the beautiful woods on this 10 acre farm. Lots of space to relax.
We are located about 1 mile from Findley Lake and 7 miles from Peak N Peak in Clymer - French Creek NY.
Snug Harbor is located within a 15 min walk of downtown Findley Lake, 5 min walk of the Findley Lake Nature Center.
This particular property once belonged to a Sea Captain. It was said that one night during a bad storm on Lake Erie his ship was forced into the bluffs along the lake shore of Ripley NY. He took a team of oxen and made a trip to Ripley and retrieved one of the large ship anchors. That anchor now rests in downtown Findley Lake.
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- Pets allowed
- Campfire possible
- Picnic table
- Gas (stove) / BBW
- RV Sanitation
- RV Hookup
- Hot water
Things to do in the area
- Wildlife watching
- Canoeing / Kayaking
- There are many little shops in Findley Lake
- There is a nature center located with in a 5 minute walk from the campsite.
1. Potable drinking water is available at this listing. (Spigot, Tap)
2. Fires are allowed at this listing. (Firewood provided, Fire ring, Fire ring w/ grill, Communal fire ring)
3. A toilet is available at this listing. (Portable toilet)
There will be porta johns available.
4. Pets are allowed at this listing. (On leash)
5. There is no shower available at this listing. (Bath in river or stream)
There are no shower facilities available yet.
6. Waste disposal is available at this listing. (Trash bin)
7. The most important rule! Leave the grounds cleaner than you found it. Remember to clean up after you are done. Make sure all trash is picked up and fires are extinguished. Please report any violations to management. Those found in violation will be subjected to disciplinary actions including fines and penalties and or banishment.