Hidden green valley in south Sicily
About this micro camping
The idea of the camping is certainly not the usual one, this camping is a place where you can really escape the traps of the city and return to live an experience in contact with nature.
A campsite aimed at having a minimal impact on the surrounding environment while maintaining a peaceful and relaxing atmosphere.
There is space in the foodforest for tents.
The bathroom for now is a tent with composttoilet, that treats human solid waste through composting and dehydration processes, obtaining a final product that can be used as an organic soil conditioner in agriculture. The shower’s water is heated by the sun.
The kitchen is external and consists of a simple stove and sink, equipped with cooking accessories (the refrigerator is not available) and drinking water.
You will camp in a valley with a big biodiversity. Think oranges, lemons, carrob, walnuts, persimmons, loquats, figs, apples, avocadoes and so on. There's a small river where you can cool down.
We're three people living and working together with a permaculture philosofy and lifestyle. We grow a big diversity of organic fruit and vegetables which you can buy fresh on site.
By camping here you can enjoy a lifestyle in close contact with nature. We're very near to some naturereserves called Vendicari, Cava grande and Pantalica. By foot you can visit the ruins of Noto Antica, old watermills and tanneries hidden in a beautiful small canyon.
- Bring your own tent
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- RV Sanitation
- Pets allowed
- RV Hookup
- Picnic table
- Fire/Ring Grill
- Hot water
- Campfire possible
- Gas (stove)
- Extra toilet paper :-)
Things to do in the area
- Wildlife watching
Meet Michel, your host
We're a selfsuistainable project. So we have some rules to be respected by guests:
- The common spaces (kitchen, bathrooms, etc.) are for the enjoyment of all guests. Please Keep them clean and tidy.
- The camping is a place to rest and disconnect we ask to respect the rest of the other guests
- At certain times of year ther is the risk of fire in the area so no barbecue, candles, etc. are allowed.
- We are committed to self-reliance and sustainability. The water is well and our electricity comes from solar photovoltaic installation. So they are limited resources that we must all take care. We ask our visitors a conscious consumption of these resources. Therefore the use of equipment that have high power consumption is not allowed.
- We reuse the gray water from bathroom and kitchen so it is mandatory to use shampoos, soap, dishwasher and green cleaning products. If our guests do not have them we can sell them.
- The minimum stay in high season is 3 nights
- No pet are allowed without permission.
How to reach this micro camping
The last 100 meter is a dustroad, so nly normal cars and vans can enter. Campercars and caravans cannot.
Checking in and out
We kindly ask our guest to inform us about their time of arrival several days before, only during daytime hours.