Hardcore camping in the woods
About this campspace #s002079
This patch of woods is perfect for anyone wanting to test their mettle. Wild hogs, coyotes, rattlesnakes, black widows, scorpions, mosquitos, chiggers, barbed wire, cactus, etc. This is old, American Indian land, so who knows if there's spirits back there too. The area is small (maybe 5 acres), but secluded so bring a good book. You should -definitely- whittle yourself a good, long stick if you want to walk around. If you get into serious trouble, we're only a couple of acres away and can call 911 or try to get you to a hospital. (Bring your own insurance as you will have to sign a release of liability for us). Welcome to south-central Texas. We live here but have never stayed in the woods on the back of our property. Absolutely no one under the age of 15. (Under 18 must be with a legal adult.)
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- RV Sanitation
- Pets allowed
- RV Hookup
- Picnic table
- Fire/Ring Grill
- Hot water
- Campfire possible
- Gas (stove)
- Extra toilet paper :-)
Things to do in the area
- Wildlife watching
- Best fried chicken on Wednesdays at CharliesII, in town, about 6 miles away.
#1. No children, it's too dangerous.
#2. Leave only your footprints on the land. NO TRASH. I can give you a trash can to take back there with you.
3. You can bring two dogs at the most, but I suggest only one because it's much easier to keep only one safe from the elements.
4. There's a private shower and toilet in the old bunkhouse, which also has electricity, but it's a few acres away from where you'll be camping.
5. Bring your own supplies.
6. We are happy to provide you with firewood for two dollars per night, or for free if you chop up more or use whatever is in the woods. Campfire is fine but no bonfires.
7. If Momma is here and cooking supper, we can feed you (supper only) for ten dollars a head. Momma's food is amazing, for real.