About this campspace #s003758
Camping in French nature? Go nature camping in your own tent in the middle of the Parc Naturel Régional Périgord-Limousin, a large nature reserve with many forests, lakes and mountains which is also called Périgord-Vert the green Périgord.
At our camping spot there is a natural lake "L'etang" of more than 10,000 m2 (1 ha) and a depth of 1 to 6 meters with continuous fresh running water from two rivers; namely "Le Périgord". There is a lot of fish present which has entered the lake naturally.
The guests of the Eco-Camp at our site are allowed to cast a fishing rod in the lake and fish, however, it is the intention that fishermen treat the caught fish with respect and release the fish in the lake after the catch.
We pay a lot of attention to and respect for nature, the animals that live there and their conservation. Climate responsible living is actually an obligation for everyone, but it always starts with yourself! It is not possible to compensate for the damage that humans cause to nature, humans are too many for that in terms of numbers. However, it is easy to live, work, do business and go on holiday in a climate-friendly way.
For visitors via Campspace who want to camp in nature (wild camping), we use adjusted low rates because there are no sanitary facilities and you literally spend the night in the wilderness. So you have to be self-sufficient in everything, although we can of course help you with clean drinking water from one of the sources in the forest and a charging point for your mobile phone or tablet.
- Drinking water
- Pets allowed
- Campfire possible
- Picnic table
- Gas (stove) / BBQ
- RV Sanitation
- RV Hookup
- Hot water
- Hot tub/sauna
Things to do in the area
- Visit the beautiful Chateau in Jumhilac Le Grande
- Spotting wildlife in our own forest of more than 25 hectares and taking a large nature walk.
- Wildlife watching
Your host, Armand
Host is verified by Campspace
I am Armand and moved to France at the end of 2019 for a new adventure in my life and that of my friend Bas.
We think it is important that our visitors can relax undisturbed and enjoy the beautiful nature, which is why we also use silence hours on our campsite between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m., where all visitors are expected to guarantee peace for the fellow visitors.
Facilities available to all visitors:
- Free use of the swimming lake.
- Dogs are allowed on a leash and discussed in advance.
- Sport fishing allowed in the lake and by the rivers, provided that the caught fish are returned.
- Folding trailers and caravans allowed in designated places.
- The use of electric BBQs is allowed.
General information and what is not allowed:
- Seasonal opening from April 1 to October 1.
- Speaking languages: NL - FR - DE - EN.
- Payment options: Cash - bank transfer.
- Cars are not allowed to leave or enter the site between 10 p.m. and 8 a.m.
- Silent hours from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
- Charcoal BBQ's are not allowed (between April and October), but there is a special fire pit.
- Camp fires are not allowed (between April and October).
- Campers and Camping-Cars are not allowed.
Checking in and out
To be agreed
Check-out between: To be agreed
Campspace pitch 1
Arrival allowed on:
Monday to Sunday
Departure allowed on: Monday to Sunday
Start your adventure
Book your sustainable getaway
Up to 95% CO2 reduction if you book a campspace adventure.