Woodbush Eco Camping is located on top of the mountains (about 1500m above sea level) with 360 degree views of the surrounding hills and valleys and some spectacular sunrises and sunsets. The camping area is privately owned land and lies amongst the protected Woodbush Granite grasslands of Haenertsburg, South Africa. Our aim is to offer WILD, OFF GRID camping that contributes towards preserving the Woodbush Granite grasslands and the fauna & flora in a self sufficient & eco friendly way with a ‘Leave No Trace’ theme. There are so many adventurous things to do like hiking, mountain biking, fishing, bird watching, photography, sight seeing and so much more. The picturesque village of Haenertsburg is a popular tourist destination and only 5km from Woodbush Eco Camping. There are quaint deli's, gift shops, restaurants and coffee shops to visit. The area surrounding our campsite offers waterfalls, hiking and mountain bike trails, canopy adventures, abseiling, river rafting, 4x4 trails, bird watching, fishing. Our campsite is best suited for campers that are mostly or completely self-sufficient and looking for back to nature adventure.
Wild Campers, Off Grid Campers, Boondockers, Adventurers, Nature Lovers, Overlanders, 4x4 Enthusiasts, Hikers, Mountain Bikers, Fisherman, Bird Watchers, Nature Photographers.
Playground for children
Parking on site
Hi, I'm Christine and I started Woodbush Eco Camping with my mom, Bev. Woodbush Eco Camping is privately owned property, located on top of a mountain, with breathtaking views of the hills and valleys all around. We offer Off-grid, Semi off-grid Wild camping amongst the Woodbush Granite grasslands of Haenertsburg in the beautiful Limpopo Province of South Africa. Our aim is to offer camping that contributes towards preserving the endangered Woodbush Granite grasslands and the beautiful fauna & flora in a self sufficient & eco friendly way.
Hiking, Mountain Biking, 4x4, Fishing, Bird Watching, Adventure Activities are available in and around the area
The sunrises and sunsets at Woodbush Eco Camping are spectacular! No filter required.
Stock up on general groceries at the Tanktrap Foodzone or T-Mart in Haenertsburg
Zwakala Brewery, Iron Crown Pub & Bistro, Pot 'n Plow ... there are so many to choose from in Haenertsburg
Haenertsburg is brimming with scenic restaurants, bistros and coffee shops, try The Eatery on Rissik or Stella's Farm Deli (next to The Pancake House)
River or stream
Wine or beer tasting
Food products from locals in the region
Organic cleaning products
Recycling bins, Eco compost (non-flush toilets), Shower water heated by a donkey boiler, Fresh water available in JoJo tanks.
Guests who cancel at least 30 days before check-in date will receive a refund of the amount paid by them (excl. Campspace fees). If they cancel between 14 and 30 days before check-in, they will receive a 50% refund. Otherwise they will not be refunded.
1. NUMBER 1 RULE: “LEAVE NO TRACE”
2. No animals / insects / lizards / birds / plants / artifacts on Woodbush Eco Camping campgrounds and the surrounding area are allowed to be removed from their natural habitat - Rather take photos :-)
3. Please do not feed or disturb the natural wildlife.
4. This is an Eco Campground so please keep your carbon footprint as small as possible, do not litter - use the recycling bins provided.
5. No open fires or fires made directly on the grass, fires must be contained or they can cause wildfires.
6. Campsites are available from 11am on the day of arrival, check-out time is 10am on the day of your departure however we are flexible if there are no other bookings for your campsite.
7. Please don't touch or break anyone else's stuff.
8. No loud noise or music.
9. No weapons allowed.
10. Teenage campers must have at least 1 adult with them & small children must always be supervised by an adult.
11. Please don't walk directly through other camper’s campsites.
12. 1 dog allowed per campsite. Guide dogs always welcome.
13. Honor the leash law. Please keep your dog on a leash and do not allow your dog to wander on its own around the property especially if there are other campers or dogs nearby.
14. Please bring doggie bags, you are responsible for cleaning up their poop - Leave No Trace.
15. Bicycles and mountain bikes are welcome.
16. Just be respectful of others and HAVE FUN :-)
Pets allowed: yes
1 Dog allowed per campsite
11:00 am–To be agreed
Check-out between: To be agreed–10:00 am
Up to 95% CO2 reduction if you book a campspace adventure. Learn more