Secluded riverside camping
About this micro camping
My property is on 40 acres of lush riparian river flats and native treed foothills of the remote Far East Gippsland forest wilderness in the charming Goongerah valley. We are nestled between by the Errinundra National Park to the east and the Snowy River N.P. to the west. My property is a beautiful piece of land with nearly 1km of prime river frontage & a northern aspect running east to west, so the days are long with plenty of sunshine, even in winter. I manage the property with permaculture principles so it is a haven for native wildlife, birds, frogs, reptiles & plants. This truly is a nature lovers paradise with friendly kangaroos that regularly pass through and will come close enough to say hello if they get a good vibe from you!
From here you can easily explore the majestic old growth forests and mountains of the region which are an incredibly biodiverse cornucopia of life that have been hard fought for by this resilient community to preserve from them from logging. The hamlet of Goongerah is a diverse, creative community of around 50 people with a smattering of small farmlets, eco-friendly lifestyle properties and Victoria's 2nd most remote Primary school campus (Tubbut, up the road, is the most remote!). There is a modern community hall, CFA depot & phone but no fuel, shops, or mobile phone service, so you can truly escape the world out here!
Goongerah is a part of the Snowy River Country Trail, one of Victoria's most spectacular but mostly undiscovered country drives, which also crosses the legendary McKillops Bridge and passes the spectacular Little River Gorge. I plan to host an annual music/arts festival on the property from 2017, so it has many lovely camping spots and easy river access.
This property is for eco-minded campers only. Stay 2 nites, 3rd nite FREE!
I have recently purchased a very cute 1970's caravan that i'm pimping up for future rental, and also have a secluded, powered, rustic shack that will be available this winter once my current tenant moves on. A perfect writer/artist's retreat!
- Other (e.g.: treehouse, lodge)
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- RV Sanitation
- Pets allowed
- RV Hookup
- Picnic table
- Fire/Ring Grill
- Hot water
- Campfire possible
- Gas (stove)
- Extra toilet paper :-)
- As this & the neighbouring property are wildlife sanctuarys there are strictly no pets allowed. The native wildlife is more than enough to charm the most seasoned traveller.
- The Brodbibb River is pristine and is drinking water for others in the valley, so whilst bathing is fine and encouraged, there is obviously a no soaps/pollutants rule.
- Please refrain from playing recorded music as the birds are entertaining enough and loud sounds really resonate up the valley.
- The toilet is a composting one outside the house 150 metres from the river, but i plan on building one this Autumn in the camping zone for full privacy & convenience.