Hidden Valley @ Gro Mad Plantations
About this micro camping
HIDDEN VALLEY @ Gro Mad Plantations is a working macadamia nut orchard in Maroochy River not far from Yandina. The Plantation practices and promotes environmental issues… we consider ourselves custodians of our 11 hectares of native flora and fauna including over one km of creek and 5 hectares of rainforest corridors, so there are many nice spots for relaxing and enjoying nature and watching the abundant wild life. We adjoin Parklands Conservation Park with open eucalypt forest, rainforest gullies and gorges that provide valuable wildlife habitat in this conservation park. There are plenty of kangaroos in the orchard and an occasional wallaby and many lace monitors and water dragons and other native animals.
At every level we are making an effort to be organic, environmental and sustainable, using natural means of composting, soil fertility and remineralisation practices. We are aiming for semi self sufficiency and creating a green corridor for the many and varied wild life that we have on the property.
The farm has chickens, domesticated ducks and several varieties of wild ducks. There are native bee hives for pollination and European bee hives producing amazing honey available for purchase. Recently we have put up several nesting boxes for owls to encourage them to the farm, being natural predators for vermin as well as micro bat habitat boxes.
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- RV Sanitation
- Pets allowed
- RV Hookup
- Picnic table
- Fire/Ring Grill
- Hot water
- Campfire possible
- Gas (stove)
- Extra toilet paper :-)
Things to do in the area
- Wildlife watching
- Speed limit of 10 km around the farm. Driving elsewhere on the property is prohibited as our intention is to maintain a tranquil environment for other campers and minimize compaction on our orchard.
- Due to the peaceful and natural environment that we cherish, trail bikes and chain saws are not permitted. For the same reason, please keep music and all other noise down to a minimum. Be considerate of others, noise travels at night. No loud music is accepted nor is drunken behaviour.
- We are a registered ‘Land For Wildlife’ property. Wildlife and domesticated animals are not to be chased at any time.
- Children to be under parental supervision at all times.
- Camp fires must be contained in the fire pits provided. Due to the proximity of the forest and Conservation Parks, thanks for keeping the size of your campfire small and to 4 pieces of wood at a time. Be on the lookout for ‘flyers’ – sparks that get upward lift and drift. Please ensure fires are put out before retiring or being unsupervised. Please note, we may not allow camp fires in dry weather.
- Dogs welcome on application and we thank you for keeping them under control and on a lead at all times.
- We are on tank water, so please conserve.
- Hidden Valley is a working farm and camping in an agricultural setting has inherent risks associated with it. Camping is permitted on the property on the condition that you understand and accept this.
At all times, be safety conscious and use common sense. Our conditions of entry are noted on signage at the front gate.
How to reach this micro camping
Easy access via bitumen road. Unsealed driveway.
Checking in and out
Check in and check out midday.