Hawkesbury Escape - "On the Brisbane River"
About this micro camping
Hawkesbury Escape is a privately owned property which is situated on 24 acres right on the main Brisbane River with the Bremer River opposite in the suburb of Moggill. This beautiful property is 25 minutes from Brisbane CBD in a suburb called Moggill, 5 minutes from the Ipswich Hwy (which you can head north, south to the Gold Coast and West). Only 2 minutes from our local shopping center which includes Coles, chemist, hotel, liquor store, medical and post office etc. Fuel & gas station, bus and train 5 minutes away. This is a Self Contained Camp Ground Hawkesbury Escape has its own 15 metre pontoon and a boat ramp for launching your tinnie or kayak. Or if your're traveling by boat, the pontoon can hold up to a 65ft boat. These Rivers offer great site seeing, fishing, mud crabs (when in season) and water sports. Bush walking nearby. Hawkesbury Escape is surrounded by dams, beautiful trees including the famous Moreton Bay Fig Trees (200+ years old), native birds, pet Peking ducks and native wildlife. A truly serene and private setting. Hawkesbury Escape offers the following:
- Nine Hole Golf Course\n- Tennis (balls & rackets available)\n- Commercial gym\n- Use of pontoon and boat ramp\n- Jetski,Kayak and Tinnie launching access to river
- Fishing rods available
- Mud crabs (seasonal - crab pots available)
- fully fenced and electric gated (key pad entry)
- Full workshop on site for any needy repairs
- Drinking water available (See Pricing below)
- Day time stay available on request
- Dump Sites within 30 mins north or south of are location
- Pets have to be approved on application
- Fire in Drums off the Ground only\n- Generators allowed
- Tents on Application
Hawkesbury Escape Charges:
- Includes: Caravans, RVs, Motor Homes, Camper Trailers and Camper Vans
- $35 per site per night (This includes up to 2 Adults & 2 Children under 18 or 3 adults, after that it is $10 per extra Adult and $5 per extra Child).
- Power very limited sites $5 extra per night
- Drinking water first 5 litres free thereafter 20 cents a litre
- Fishing rod hooks and weights $5
- Up to 4 tennis rackets and 8 balls $5 (Tennis Facility Free)
- 1 set golf clubs $5 include 4 balls\n- Extra balls 50c each
- Golf buggy (6 seater) if available $10 but its an easy walk
- Golf Course Free
- Gym $5 per person(equipped with Music, TVs, DVDs,)
- Use of boat Ramp and Pontoon Free
Land owners hold no liability, staying on the property is at your own risk and responsibility. Dams and rivers are not fenced. Steve and Sharon: We've had over 20 years in hospitality and know what it takes to make you welcome and leave wanting to come back again so we welcome you to come and try out our new venture with us at Hawkesbury Escape "our Home"
Rules:“Our goal is to make sure you enjoy your stay and leave satisfied wanting to come back again”. Some house keeping & procedures
Check in & Out Check-in time – 2pm (Early or late arrivals are by prior arrangement only.) Departure time is 10am. Late checkouts are available until 5pm, subject to fee and availability.
- All park occupants are required to observe State and Local Laws applicable to the Park and the Park Rules.\nNoise\n• For the comfort and convenience of all guests, noise must be kept to a minimum (at manager’s discretion) at all times and must not cause a nuisance to other park guests.\n• Please assist by being considerate to your neighbours and restrict noise from radios, televisions and social gatherings after 10.00pm and before 7.30am. Trees
• Do not tie ropes or lines to trees. Do not climb trees.
Pets • Approved Pets must be on a lead at all times when outside your Vehicle or mobile Van at all times and must pick up any droppings they do.
- Other (e.g.: treehouse, lodge)
Available yes or no
- Drinking water
- RV Sanitation
- Pets allowed
- RV Hookup
- Picnic table
- Fire/Ring Grill
- Hot water
- Campfire possible
- Gas (stove)
- Extra toilet paper :-)